Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I know my statement "if you want to kill someone, do it with your car" is just an anecdotal assertion, but there is always so much evidence that it is true. I agree with the club member they quoted in this article, this is an outrage, not an "accident." 

The doctor didn't say? That's also just an assertion. I can barely buy aspirin without the pharmacist giving me a counseling session about side effects. In this case, the guidance on these three psychotropics reads, as follows: 

Xanax can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert. 

Wellbutrin may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert. 

Quetiapine may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.

I'd say wearing your spouse's flip flops that are so loose they become wedged under the gas pedal and hurtling your enormous SUV down the road out of control is not being careful. Finally, what is the speed limit in that area? That is never mentioned.

No comments: