Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm kind of interested in true crime stories. I'm not sure why, but I always have been. A television example, last night there was (finally) a 48 Hours about the Oak Beach cases (it is very clear how careless the initial investigations were); print examples, I was riveted by the books about Martha Moxley, Chester Gillette/Grace Brown, and Mary Beth Tinning. I also like television dramas such as Criminal Minds and CSI. At the same time, I am not the sort of person who feels a strong emotional reaction to current crime news. In fact, I barely follow it. That's a lot easier without 24/7 cable news.

So it is surprising me how relieved I feel about a recent (cold) case's verdict and sentence in Rensselaer County. I am not going to link any stories or write any names. Too weird. If you don't know, you can figure it out in a few seconds on Google. Dude (especially) and his family seriously creep me out. I am sure he is guilty. Beyond a reasonable doubt does not go far enough. It it amazing how advances in technology: forensics and record keeping (the latter due to changes in law) discovered the evidence! Grapevine says he is very disturbed and scary. Pictures from trial speak that too, I think.

No comments: