Tuesday, August 27, 2002

Tuesday Too # 27

1.) Are you dreaming now? How do you know you are, or how do you know you're not?

No, because I am too aware of deadlines, my to do list, and time to be dreaming. I rarely - or never remember anyway - dream about working at my computer in my office.

2.) What's going on that really makes your life a source of wonderment?

At the moment, something very small, that to me is profound - the colander full of fresh organic produce that I harvest every day.

3.) Why do you think you're here, and where is "here" anyway?

Here is a lovely place we call upstate New York, in the year we label 2002. Why am I here? Because this general region has always been my home, because my ancestors settled here, a few were already here, my immediate and much of my extended family stayed here, and I chose not to stray too far away. I think the "big picture" reason is a learning process that unfolds throughout one's life...is it ever definitively answered, for anyone or everyone? Yes. No. Maybe. Ask me again sometime.

No comments: