Friday, August 02, 2002

Last day of class. The papers are pouring in. The university's deadline for grades is August 8, which is a bit better than during a regular semester. Sunday we are going to put up our pool, and I never get a lot of work done when I am at the other house. Although I will have to spend some time grading while I'm there - we are staying through August 7, making it inevitable - I am hoping to make a significant dent in the electronic pile today. I have been trying to stay on top of the class up until now, because I wanted to avoid the usual end-of-semester crush. It is great to work at home - but schedules and vacation don't have the same meaning as in the flashcube world.

Something I have been doing in my "spare" time is organizing and re-displaying my pinback button collection. A very few images make up my current virtual museum at Gully Brook Press. In the process of doing this, I came across this great site for collectors. Also, in re-acquainting myself with my pins, I remembered that I have one from 1932 that I cannot identify. The guy who has the button site had never seen one before either, and so he is going to put it in his mystery buttons section. My brother found it about 20 years ago in his first circa-1920s house. Anyone have any ideas?


No comments: