Gully Brook Press

the ejournal -- founded 2002

Sunday, December 09, 2012


Posted by howzerdo at 6:37 PM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Translate

Buy my book here!

  • A Visit with Mimmie: Catskill Mountain Recipes
  • kindle version of book

Gully Brook Press Home Page

Gully Brook Press Home Page

  • My bio
  • Gully Brook Press Home Page
  • Long on Ears, Short on Legs (Rosie's blog)
  • The Howling Hound (Harry's blog)
  • Rodents Beware (TB/TC's blog)

About Me

My photo
howzerdo
upstate, New York, United States
my opinions, interests and attitudes are varied and even conflicting, so it is hard to slap on a label...how about this, I love dogs! email is howzerdo at aol dot com ...
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ►  2026 (32)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2025 (50)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2024 (66)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (7)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2023 (57)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (8)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (6)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (4)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2022 (54)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2021 (52)
    • ►  December (9)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2020 (28)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2019 (27)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2018 (30)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (5)
  • ►  2017 (49)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2016 (32)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2015 (54)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (7)
  • ►  2014 (94)
    • ►  December (19)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (8)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (12)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2013 (161)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (12)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (22)
    • ►  April (18)
    • ►  March (25)
    • ►  February (21)
    • ►  January (20)
  • ▼  2012 (249)
    • ▼  December (21)
      • Saw the movie Lincoln last night. It was great! My...
      • Last night we ate at Hana. I rarely go near Crossg...
      • The morning of shoveling wasn't quite as bad as I...
      • The Samsonville tree is Charlie Brown all the w...
      • I always "sleep on" the grades before entering, so...
      • I've been meaning to link to this wonderful curric...
      • Tomorrow I will upload them to the registrar's dat...
      • Can it be possible? I think I will be done with gr...
      • Starting to see a glimmer of daylight. It isn't th...
      • I'm making good progress on grades, but I don't ha...
      • I think she would look like the grinch's dog if ...
      • The angels on my tree  A girl in faith formati...
      • Liberty, one of my mother's horses, died on Thursd...
      • Family legend is that Bob's maternal grandfather...
      • In faith formation class Monday night, we lit th...
      • So much work to do! Yikes! Classes end 12/11, stud...
      • We got our tree from the boy scouts on Sunday and ...
      • Snow! Just a coating -- enough to cover the ground...
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (17)
    • ►  August (21)
    • ►  July (20)
    • ►  June (20)
    • ►  May (22)
    • ►  April (30)
    • ►  March (31)
    • ►  February (14)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ►  2011 (338)
    • ►  December (30)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (24)
    • ►  September (38)
    • ►  August (33)
    • ►  July (37)
    • ►  June (48)
    • ►  May (39)
    • ►  April (18)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (18)
    • ►  January (25)
  • ►  2010 (214)
    • ►  December (22)
    • ►  November (17)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (30)
    • ►  August (21)
    • ►  July (29)
    • ►  June (22)
    • ►  May (13)
    • ►  April (16)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (15)
  • ►  2009 (116)
    • ►  December (12)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (20)
    • ►  May (15)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (12)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2008 (100)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (7)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (14)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (9)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2007 (132)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (19)
    • ►  June (20)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (8)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2006 (130)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (9)
    • ►  September (16)
    • ►  August (17)
    • ►  July (11)
    • ►  June (10)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (8)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2005 (137)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (12)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (15)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (21)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2004 (86)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (8)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (8)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2003 (204)
    • ►  December (9)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (16)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (25)
    • ►  June (20)
    • ►  May (15)
    • ►  April (25)
    • ►  March (32)
    • ►  February (19)
    • ►  January (14)
  • ►  2002 (144)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (17)
    • ►  October (15)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (20)
    • ►  July (13)
    • ►  June (17)
    • ►  May (17)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (14)

CHECK THESE OUT!

  • Old Wooden Palette

  • only a phase, these dark cafe days
  • Indie Moines
  • Fresh and Green in the Capital Region

Save Our Stewart's

Save Our Stewart's
  • Friends of Castleton Stewart's Facebook group
  • Gully Brook Press SOS page

Labels

  • adoptdontshop (3)
  • Albany (29)
  • Ande (24)
  • animal rights (139)
  • ankle (20)
  • books (128)
  • brown recluse spider bite (15)
  • Castleton (115)
  • Castleton-on-Hudson (54)
  • church (88)
  • collecting (5)
  • computer stuff (114)
  • concerts (13)
  • COVID-19 (66)
  • Daddy (80)
  • Daylight Savings Time (13)
  • Donna (17)
  • driving (13)
  • Edna (28)
  • education (145)
  • edutecation (1)
  • ejournaling (98)
  • Elwyn (32)
  • enough said (72)
  • ethics (118)
  • fifty (60)
  • gardening (198)
  • Gary (4)
  • genealogy (14)
  • historic preservation (45)
  • hybrid (12)
  • Irene (34)
  • kennedy24 (2)
  • large parcel (23)
  • Lyme Disease (23)
  • memes (59)
  • Millie (23)
  • Mimmie (106)
  • misc. (11)
  • movies (89)
  • museums (24)
  • my animals (266)
  • my writing (129)
  • nileston news (70)
  • Olive Press (20)
  • Oneonta (22)
  • online (45)
  • parks (9)
  • plagiarism (55)
  • plays (17)
  • politics (188)
  • recipes (35)
  • resCastleton-on-Hudson (1)
  • restaurants etc. (66)
  • roadside rememberances (5)
  • Rosie (8)
  • Rudy (99)
  • Sam (13)
  • Samsonville (101)
  • Sandy (28)
  • Save Our Stewart's (56)
  • school memories (42)
  • series (9)
  • sixty (20)
  • social network (19)
  • Sophie (46)
  • surgery (64)
  • teaching (513)
  • Ted (2)
  • tooth (25)
  • Uncle Bud (11)
  • vegetarianism (4)
  • West Shokan (79)
  • writing (11)

Followers

Popular Posts all time

  • (no title)
    What a ridiculous post. The discussion in the newsroom must have gone something like this: "How can we generate high traffic and a gu...
  • (no title)
      I was looking for these jpegs to post for July 4 - couldn't find them, gave up. I found them today! It's OK, like Elwyn's ...
  • (no title)
    I completely agree with this post . Should have been done long ago, in fact.
  • (no title)
    Back to the main abode late last night. I was worried about the plants, but they weathered it just fine - and greeted me this morning with a...
  • (no title)
    Lately, we have had a run of movies from Netflix that I didn't enjoy very much. First, was Dogville . Twice I tried to watch it - and bo...
  • (no title)
    Something I didn't mention in my post about Waiting for Superman is that a big target is tenure. The documentary attacks it as being to...
  • (no title)
    For the past couple of days the university has sent out emails with swine flu information. Then, today, there was an email instructing facul...
  • (no title)
    Here is a website where you can sign a petition against the killing of, and get other information about the Canada Geese in Scotia.
  • (no title)
    I wrote a facebook post on Friday about Mimmie, since it was the 20th anniversary of her death. There were several reminiscences shared in c...
  • (no title)
    Blogger was down this morning, and now it's back, but all posts since 5/11 have been removed. These kinds of issues were routine in 2002...

Popular Posts past 30 days

  • (no title)
    Booking Through Thursday: Best Moustache Twirling Who’s the worst fictional villain you can think of? As in, the one you hate the most, find...
  • (no title)
    Today I am 65. It is hard to believe. It's not that I don't feel 65. In a few ways I don't, but in many ways, I do. It's jus...
  • (no title)
    Yesterday was Mimmie's birthday. She was born in 1904, so it was her 122nd birthday. She died 33 years ago. Today, my sister texted me a...
  • (no title)
    September is a month of important dates. I don't think I feel that way only because of my birthday tomorrow. Aunt Jean's birthday. M...
  • (no title)
    Spent the morning cleaning (which I hate, and consequently suck at) and the afternoon reading (which I love, and can do very quickly). The K...
  • (no title)
     If Bruce Blakeman is so concerned about taxes, why doesn't he weed his own garden? Nassau County has notoriously high local taxes and r...
  • (no title)
    One year ago today was the last time I was on campus. I plan to stay away for as long as possible - in fact, if I can manage to stay remote,...
  • (no title)
     Week one of the semester is done! The sad news this week was that Dolly Parton died! How can this be? 😥 i was assigned a new child to spon...
  • (no title)
     Just under three weeks until semester begins...😖
  • (no title)
    According to Kari Spencer, “often... visible outdoor areas are homogeneous, cookie-cutter spaces, where neatly-trimmed grass or a fe...

Popular Posts last 7 days

  • (no title)
    One year ago today was the last time I was on campus. I plan to stay away for as long as possible - in fact, if I can manage to stay remote,...
  • (no title)
     I am so tired of this racist, fascist administration full of idiots. I am sick of media normalizing the president's behavior. There is ...
  • (no title)
    Today I am 65. It is hard to believe. It's not that I don't feel 65. In a few ways I don't, but in many ways, I do. It's jus...
  • (no title)
  • (no title)
    Tuesday Too 1.) When was the last time you really had fun? What were you doing? Are you someone who can have fun alone? I'm havin...
  • (no title)
    Nice holiday, though I had a lingering cold/sinus problem all week, and it seems worse today. The work piled up, too. On the bright side, I...
  • (no title)
    I was scheduled to get my first vaccine on March 31, but that was the day after Rosie died and I was at the pet crematory. (I cry as I write...
  • (no title)
    Cooking is something that I do a lot more in the summer than at other times. I like to cook and (this part isn't humble) I'm decent ...
  • (no title)
    In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I'm sharing this story from my book "A Visit with Mimmie: Catskill Mountain Recipes." All...
  • (no title)
    Tuesday evening our little circus dog Rosie rocketed up through the heavens, taking with her the broken hearts of two humans and her canin...

StatCounter

copyright gina giuliano. Picture Window theme. Theme images by blue_baron. Powered by Blogger.