Tuesday, May 15, 2012

It turns out the dishonesty case is a second offense, which means it must go to Judicial Affairs (which has a different name now. Something to do with conflict resolution. Why do new upper managers feel the need to change office names all the time?).

I feel as if I am coming down with something -- a cold? Ugh. Allergies can't be this bad. What timing. All the exotic spreadsheeting required for end of semester grades makes my head numb, no need to feel lousy otherwise.

It has been raining for two days straight - so can't escape into weed whacking! The grass is growing like crazy this year.

Added: I am reminded that I told this story to students in my toleration class this semester, when the class topic was ethics and academic dishonesty. One young man raised his hand and said, "you should be a cop!" and that was all the opening I needed. Who with an iota of sense would risk cheating in my class?

Also: Oh no! As if bamboo grass (knotweed) and garlic mustard don't keep me busy enough, this year Dame's Rocket seems to be everywhere.

Still later: I think I have found another case! AAAAAHHHHH!!!

No comments: