Wednesday, September 01, 2010

So much to write and no time to do it! This is how the semester always slams me, I go from a nice leisurely pace, to being pulled in every direction. I feel a Nileston News coming on, and I have no "space" to draw it!

This really irritated me: Ulster sheriff, DA will confer over fatal Route 28 crash. I can't tell you how many fatalaties occur along that stretch of road, but let's just say that growing up near 28 probably is some of the cause of my driving phobia. The article itself didn't bother me that much (aside from the obvious impact of thinking about the tragedy), but the comments! Who cares if he is a nice guy? I may not be a licensed driver, but I am a walking manual of driving laws. I've taken the permit test more than anyone - and scored 100 every time.

Rearend collisions are not a grey area at all. Everyone knows who is at fault, you don't have to get a perfect score to know the law - it is a no brainer. He wasn't paying attention, was going too fast, or was following too close - simple as that. That particular spot is uphill and he was driving a big truck - think about that for a minute. It wasn't an accident, it was a crash - that's what they are called now, because accident implies it was not avoidable, and most crashes are due to driver error.

I have often commented that if you want to kill someone and get away with it, do it with your car. As long as you are not drunk, that is. But sober drivers can get away with it with hardly a slap on the wrist. It is disgusting.

No comments: