Wednesday, September 22, 2010

This semester I knew my other commitments would have an impact on my teaching. The nature of the outside project is that observing it is getting me back in touch with my creative side. That means more writing, but also drawing, as I have posted here. In terms of teaching, it has meant making extensive and small revisions in classroom practice. Every semester I tweak my materials and methods, but major changes don't happen all that often. That isn't true this Fall so far.

The other impact is that it is a real organizational juggle. The outside commitment is time consuming sometimes, but I have to be sure that everything to do with my teaching responsibilities is done first so I can focus. So far, so good.

For the past couple of days, I have been working on IRB approval documents for my research. I haven't submitted anything to IRB since I did my dissertation. It is even more involved now. It is a very exotic bureaucratic and paperwork process. The kind that gives me a numb head! So much so that "OMG" seems appropriate here.

But, "it's all good."

No comments: