Monday, July 22, 2002

Feeling a bit under the weather...not sure if it is dehydration, something I ate, or a 24 hour bug. Yesterday we worked, with my incredibly fit parents and a really nice young man, our 15 year old neighbor, on the pool site. All items that may be dangerous to liners are gone (no small task on land where there are more stones than dirt), the sand has been spread, the bottom ring is assembled, and each block, where a post will rest, has been leveled, with the help of my new transit-using skill. Now it waits two weeks, til we return for several days - and it goes up. We may yet swim this summer!

It was hot, tiring work. Last night I slept poorly, had crazy, exhausting dreams, and abdominal pain. Today, only toast with apricot jam was appealing. There is no-one to take the calling in sick phone message when you freelance at home, so I spent the day finishing up evaluations of essays. I hoped to fit in a bit of cleaning - the house surely needs it - but that, and much else, will have to keep. I have been drinking water, and feel a bit better now, but I am thinking of corn flakes with milk and peaches for dinner. The topics were inclusion of students with special needs in the classroom, or the impact of school choice reforms on education in the dawning of the 21st century, and more students chose inclusion.

Enjoyed the first local sweet corn of the season this weekend, as part of an all fruit & vegetable (asparagus, avocado, corn, strawberries, cherries, nectarines) dinner. Yum! I'm sure the discomfort wasn't from that!

No comments: