Sunday, July 07, 2002

Technical problems plagued me on Wednesday. Everything was going great - grades were ahead of schedule - but my cable ISP didn't cooperate. And, they have the worst customer service and technical support; I think their training program teaches the following steps: (1) transfer the customer several times, and make them re-explain the problem each time; (2) disconnect a few times; (3) report that there are no problems with the network; (4) insist that any problem is not their responsibility because it must be caused by (a) the user, (b) the user's software, and (c) the user's hardware, (5) repeat steps 1-4 numerous times; (6) as a last resort, own up to the problem, but say it is being worked on, and offer no timetable or solution. A shouting match seems to be the only way to get their attention - and even that means at least a two day wait for a technician. Could satellite be the way to go?

So - I did get the grades posted (by resorting to dial up), but no work on my proposal excerpt, and little preparation for the trip to the other house. That's where I am now. Some of today was spent haying - we got in 141 bales. The bulk of the field will be done tomorrow. I have to fit in curriculum updates for class by Monday, 12 noon. Our pool will be delivered that day! And then it is back to the other house...

No comments: