Thursday, August 12, 2010

I don't know how I missed this story. (Probably because I find myself only reading the advice, obituaries, and three or four comic strips since the TU stripped out nearly all other worthwhile content in their last makeover.)

I'd be more likely to have read the story if it had appeared in the Record, so went to their website to check if I'd also missed it there - and the link goes to the TU story! Why is it still exclusive, I wonder? Isn't this public information? I swear, schools operate under such a veil of secrecy when it comes to personnel issues.

Anyway, glad to have stumbled across the details here.

I know students in my classes, especially my toleration class (where it is the focus of one three hour class) wonder why I am such an extremist on this issue. I cite many examples, but this will resonate when I include it in the reading next semester: A piece of recent local evidence, right in the education field.

No comments: