Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Got The Lovely Bones from Netflix and watched it a couple of nights ago. I already read and loved the book, and didn't expect it to be as good. I have to admit they did a fine job of adapting it to a movie. It can't have been an easy story to transform into a screenplay. They managed to capture the essence of the book. (I still enjoyed the book more, though, and I am glad I didn't watch it first - after seeing a movie version, I am rarely tempted to read the book it was based on.)

It was borderline too creepy for me to watch, though. I had no trouble with this aspect when reading it. There must be something about the printed word, or about my imagination, that allowed me to handle it. Visually represented, it has been haunting me, especially at night.

No comments: