Friday, May 31, 2002

Turns out I have several more days to finish my booklet, as the editor is on vacation right now. As I gain more freelance experience, I am finding that deadlines are frequently fuzzy, maybe because writers are infamous procrastinators? So give them a phony early deadline for motivation, and that way they will get busy about when it is due? Since I am a (still seems recent) parolee from the administrative world, and also spent so much of my life in graduate school - I will work myself around the clock to make a deadline. Anyway - it is nice to have a little extra time. Now, if I don't take advantage of that too much - I'll actually have the chance to plant some veggies and flowers, organize the treadmill space (again!) and fit in some creative writing, once the piece is submitted, and before my summer session class begins.

Off to the weekend house again. We are having a thunderstorm - it has been so hot and muggy - so the trip probably won't be really pleasant. I have a cemetery trustees meeting on Sunday. Next weekend, we are staying put. Laundry and yardwork build up on all those weekends away, and it is nice to visit with friends that live around here on occasion.

No comments: