Tuesday, May 28, 2002

Tuesday Too # 14

1.) What's the best thing you did over the holiday weekend?

The weekend was great, long, and tiring. It is not easy to choose the "best." It was spent at the other house. It is always good to go there for a change of pace and to get away from the daily grind. There is no television reception or mail delivery, I only get the newspaper on occasion, and although I do have a computer with dial-up Internet access there, I generally don't spend much time on it.

We arrived there very late on Thursday night, and got back here last night. We had a big yard sale with many of my family members, so this year there was no time or energy for a summer kick-off BBQ. It was a lot of work, but also great fun. We generated a little cash, got rid of loads of junk that was just collecting dust, had a lot of laughs, and met some nice people. Also important, in a very different way: we attended the Memorial Day parade. My father marches and shoots one of the salute rifles for the American Legion, and my nieces and nephew march with their goats for 4-H.

2.) Who would you want to spend the afternoon/evening with getting the answers to all your questions? What do you really want to know from this person/animal?

Well - I'm finding this to be a hard one for several reasons. I'm not sure about "all my questions." And the people who come to mind...famous individuals from history, etc. But, I think maybe someone close to me who has died - probably my grandmother, one of my dear aunts, or perhaps a friend, just for the chance to spend time with them again, visit a bit and finally, ask about what comes next.

3.) Why do you think "there must be more to life than having everything"?

What else is there besides everything? Or is this a simple material question? It's good to not struggle, but beyond a certain point who needs more? And even given a financial struggle, there are so many truly important things (including the love and health cliches) that cannot have a monetary value: knowledge, patience, peace...oh, and of course my beloved hounds...

No comments: