Wednesday, May 01, 2002


Blogging seems to be working fine for the past few days; I am not automatically logged in, I can post, and the webpage view is fine, but in edit mode, the last couple posts don't appear! Strange. Anyway, I decided to invest $10 in a little ad on the Blogger home page. A big step - and probably one I wouldn't have taken if it wasn't so reasonably priced. I am not sure what, if anything, to expect.

One of the downsides of working at home is cropping up for me today; the house is pretty messy, and a woman from a floorcovering place is coming this evening to measure the kitchen for new linoleum. I'm not a person who freaks if things aren't immaculate, but I do have some pride. I also have several deadlines - not tomorrow or this week, but big ones, looming there, ominously promising future all-nighters in mid-May if I make the wrong decision now. A little pixie is sitting on my shoulder, saying "you better go downstairs and clean," and on the other shoulder, another little pixie says, "you better stay in this office and keep working." If I was back doing 9-5 in a flashcube, the cleaning would just have to keep...

...While I did someone else's work. So the writing (and teaching) would just have to keep, too.
So the upsides are worth it.





No comments: