Wednesday, May 29, 2002

Big deadline looms! I am writing a booklet on college administration. It isn't coming easy, but it's coming. Luckily I work well under pressure! Also testing a recipe. (So I have to be mindful of the oven, which does nothing for concentrating on writing about education.) We are going to a friend's house for dinner to celebrate her dogs' birthdays and I am making the human's dessert. Whenever I have to make a sweet, I use the opportunity to test one of the recipes in my cookbook. So, this baking is kind of writing-related, and it is also one tiny piece of progress in avoiding a future spell of time pressure. Because if the book proposal gets accepted - I am going to have to get really busy on testing. That would be a good kind of busy, though. My summer course enrollment is over 40 at this point. I suspect I won't get much recipe testing (or writing) done during those 6 weeks.

No comments: