Saturday, March 01, 2008

After days of brutal cold, more snow! What a winter.

Today is the sixth anniversary of Gully Brook Press. I suppose I should have something insightful to write about doing an online journal for six years - it is the most sustained journal effort ever for me, throughout my life I have kept some sort of journal, on and off - but I really don't.

Last Sunday, in my continuing quest to change my diet, I made a quiche using a buckwheat pie crust. The sites I read about substituting buckwheat for regular flour all cautioned that the taste is too strong for most people's liking. I didn't find that to be an issue, but wow, rolling it out was hard!

Since the weather means another weekend in Castleton rather than Samsonville, I think we will put the finishing touches on the livingroom rehab - the border! It sure is looking good. Makes the rest of the house seem shabby.

No comments: