Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Easter was lovely. Now it's spring break. I am up to my eyeballs in evaluations. Making progress, but I doubt I will finish everything I planned. I really, really want to finish an article I am writing but it just isn't my top priority. But maybe it can be before the end of the week.

Two Times Union stories: this one, about some creep who put an adorable Jack Russell terrier out with the trash. What is the matter with people?

Then, this one, about blogging, which irritated me. First, because it is so last week. Maybe it would have been Earth shattering back in Y2K, but come on. Most readers probably know more about blogging than this journalist. Second, because it has that tired, smug tone that "print" people lord over "online" folks. Third, because it spends the majority of its words trumpeting the TU blogs. How great they are, how many hits they get, how often they post, blah, blah, blah. As if being linked by the newspaper, and being employed there as writers, have no impact!

No comments: