Tuesday, April 09, 2002

Welcome to Gully Brook Press

The website of freelance writer
Gina
Giuliano



This weekend, I did some work outside in the yard - the first of the season. Today the air really feels like Spring, with a hint of thunderstorm (that hasn't happened yet). I've always been into gardening. I love to grow things, and the past few years I've been really getting into organic gardening. Every year I try to expand those methods a little, and I get some impressive yields on a small patch. Three great suppliers are Seeds of Change (I get most of my annual seeds from them), Johnny's Seeds (not everything they produce is organic, but I get a set of beneficial flowers - that works like magic - from them), and Gardens Alive (I get grass seed and beneficial nematodes from them). And of course, for gardening information generally, there's good old Organic Gardening. I remember reading that magazine as a kid at my grandmother's. They have made some good changes and some bad changes over the years, but it is still a great magazine.

No comments: