Friday, April 12, 2002

Welcome to Gully Brook Press

The website of freelance writer
Gina
Giuliano



Not a good day. My cat, Edna, was bleeding last night. I don't know what happened, but there were some droplets of blood on the floor. After she ate a little something, I finally located the cut on her right side, kind of near her back bone. She has long hair, but for a cat she's fairly cooperative, and before I want to bed I did manage to put peroxide on it. She didn't seem too hurt, but she was not her usual self, either. I didn't get a lot of sleep, since I kept waking up to check her.

This morning she didn't get up and go downstairs to the kitchen for her breakfast, like she usually does. And when I fussed over her, she hid under the bed. So, after a trip to the vet, she now has a large shaved spot that reveals three puncture wounds. Veterinary opinion is that another cat scratched her, which is possible. She is on antibiotics. Back at home, I worried myself thinking about rabies. Her shot was up-to-date, and she got a booster today, but I had handled her, and gotten blood on my hands. So, a call to the vet assured me that I am at no risk.

Anyway, poor Edna still hasn't eaten anything. She has been sleeping in the living room since we got back.

No comments: