Tuesday, November 06, 2012

I know, I know...they weren't always accurate, they weren't modern, they weren't efficient, the records weren't good enough, blah, blah, blah. But I still miss you, lever voting machine. The click of the little levers...scanning the top for ballot initiatives...trying to write upside down during a write in campaign...the turquoise curtain...the loud snap of the big red lever in the beginning and end. Still can't get used to the scantron system. RIP.


In Sandy news, still a lot of people hurting. Gas shortages, in the dark, and now the cold.

2 comments:

J. Eric Smith said...

I am TOTALLY with you on the old Big Red Lever voting machines. I loved those things!!! To me, the sound of democracy was always "click, click, click, click, click...... kaaaaaaaaa...... CHUNK..." as you dragged the level across and the magic curtain opened to let you out into the real world again. We use scantron type ballots in Iowa, too, alas.

howzerdo said...

Luckily for our village elections in March they still use the old lever machines.