Monday, February 13, 2012

I always try to avoid sharing stories that aren't "mine." But today I can't resist. Yesterday was a wonderful day. Cold -- even in a winter that wasn't a non-winter. That wasn't what made it wonderful. After years of reflection, Bob is converting to Catholicism, and yesterday was his welcome ceremony. Since the story isn't "mine," I won't write anything about his path to get here or his reasoning.

Ten members of my family met us at Sacred Heart Church for Mass. (I write "my" not because they are not "his" but just because none of my in-laws were there.) Afterwards we had brunch at the Chatham House.  It did my broken heart good and will be a lovely memory for all of us.

The next step is the first Sunday of Lent, the send-off. In the afternoon we will go to the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception to meet the Bishop with all the other adult candidates in the diocese.

No comments: