Saturday, February 05, 2011

She talked during the victim impact statement so that her client wouldn't have to listen? How rude -- has she no shame? And did she really reference Matthew 19:23-24, Mark 10:24-25, and Luke 18:24-25 to describe his life's chances, substituting "elephant" for "camel?" Does she think it is an apt analogy? Is she aware that it is about a rich man's chances of getting into heaven?

I was so tired after class, more than I should have been considering the snow meant plenty of time at home this week. This contributed. I received two emails about it yesterday. This time around she wasn't in my class, but we were encouraged to give students contact information for counseling and religious services, regardless of whether they knew the young woman. So I brought it up in the night class, since it is half freshman. Very sad!

No comments: