Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I finally finished grading!! It was done at 8:45 last night. So I had over three hours before the deadline. I caught one student plagiarizing, which barely gets a rise out of me any longer, although it has been a couple of years since I discovered an instance. So today was spent working on a report related to it, rather than getting to all the other tasks that have been on the back burner while I tallied grades. For the next few days (unless something else unexpected crops up) I'll have to devote my time to my advisement duties. And then I can get some personal things done, such as finishing assembling the new furniture. Or maybe rototilling the garden, assuming it dries out enough.

Besides finding a student being academically dishonest, yesterday I learned that the archive of my summer session class from last year can't be found. The best they can do is two years ago. This means more than the usual revisions. Very irritating waste of time. It isn't the first time this has happened since we switched courseware in '08. Some things are better, but the archiving situation is not one of them. Data loss never happened before the transition, or at least it never happened to me.

Bob returned to work part-time on Monday. He's been going in about 6 hours per day. Doing well, getting used to normal clothes, but he is tired in the afternoon. Tomorrow he has a follow up doctor's appointment.

Carol Burnette was at Proctor's tonight. Wish I could have gone, always loved her show. In the "old days" we would have gone, but we've gotten frugal, and the $20 cheap seats aren't worth the hassle (of obstructed view).

No comments: