Sunday, June 30, 2002

It's late and I have an early day planned; Ma & I are going to do a little cemetery research in the morning, part of our genealogy quest. Tonight I had to download my course database on this computer, because the schedule is intense, and for the first week or so the students need a lot of help navigating the whole idea of online delivery. I think during summer session I am going to have to spend a lot more time on the computer on weekends when I'm here, even with the dial-up connection instead of the cable one that has spoiled me, and even though outdoors calls me. So, I thought I would take a few minutes to make an entry in my ejournal (I can never go with the flow, and I prefer that over what I consider to be the very ugly b-word) from this house, which is something I have wanted to do for a while. The garden here is doing great! The borage in particular is thriving. I picked some lettuce. I did my volunteer stint at the museum room today; there are never many visitors, and on a beautiful day like this, what with all the high school graduations scheduled, people weren't exactly pouring into the library. So I passed the time by reading; first a chapter or two in John Adams (I got it for Christmas, but my interest waned a bit when I heard the plagiarism allegations). Now I am up to his election to President. Then, the library was having a book sale, so I bought two paperbacks (as if I need more books; already there is almost no room in either house for anything else) - Ethan Frome, which I love but did not own, and a book by Margaret Atwood that I hadn't heard of before. Right now, reading is more appealing to me than typing...'night.

No comments: