Friday, August 18, 2006

As I was watering the plants today, I noticed that someone ran over a squirrel right in front of the house. It is definitely dead (it is totally flat) but it is really bothering me. I think I should bury it. No doubt the culprit was not observing the village speed limit (so many drivers use this steep one-way street as a highway that I always get out of the way when I am on the passenger side of the car and I see a vehicle coming). Honestly, it's amazing I don't see more smashed animals in front of the house, considering the large number of squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits and groundhogs in the yard, and the speed demons who think 30 mph is just a suggestion.

2 comments:

Sya said...

Heh. I live next to an interstate, but this is in almost nowhere Idaho and the cops are always waiting around the corner because the speed limit changes from 35 to 25--so I've seen very little carnage around.

howzerdo said...

Bob cleaned it up for me when he got home from work. And the bloodstains were washed away by rain this weekend.