Monday, November 04, 2002

There were two interesting articles in this week's Chronicle of Higher Education. I won't bother linking to the individual articles because it is a subscription site and the two articles aren't part of the free content. One focused on adjuncts at Western Michigan University getting the right to earn tenure, and the other on students' fighting college academic and disciplinary actions with litigation.

I think I must be part fish. Now that the heat has been on for a couple of weeks, I am beginning to have trouble with my sinuses. I have a huge 5 gallon per day humidifier, as well as two smaller ones in other places in the house, and gas/hot water baseboard heat - and still I feel pressure in my face. The crisp outside air helps, when I remember to take a break from the PC. I can't imagine what it would be like without the humidifiers, and with forced hot air heat.

No comments: