Thursday, December 31, 2020

Today I concluded that the regular media news, print and television and radio are determined to undermine and harm us in any way they can, and justify it by claiming the moral high ground and proclaiming the purity of journalism's motives. I have always felt this way a little but now I am sure of it. It isn't social media -- it is regular media. The news outlet's social media administrator shares certain stories on social media and generates a forum of ignorance in comments, but social media is not the culprit (although the regular media glories in placing blame there). Today I noticed a headline "Vaccine rollout is more like a dribble so far. What went wrong?" I've seen or heard stories like that a lot recently. Anyone with a functioning brain knows it will take a long time to vaccinate everyone, assuming that's even possible, which it really isn't. Yet I know this is what reporters are going to be pushing, ginning up controversy, pointing fingers, starting fights, increasing drama, hoping for Congressional hearings, hoping for scandal and unrest.

No comments: