Wednesday, September 26, 2018

The most astonishing thing has happened. Out of no where a nurse who cared for Donna contacted me. For three years, she'd been searching for the sisters or anyone who knew and had a relationship with Donna. She came across the high school yearbook photo in my Facebook album that was labeled with Donna's name. She was careful not to violate HIPAA, but she told me about the last months of Donna's life.

At one point she wrote:
"She finally became well enough for discharge and almost immediately went missing."

That sums up the last 25 years of her life. I feel as if I have received one of those phone calls I'd get every couple years & Donna is filling me in on what she has been doing. She never changed. To the end she was having adventures. And she managed to suck the nurse in and haunt her to this day.

No comments: