Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Reading this column on Wednesday mornings is one thing I miss in my new paper-free life. This comic strip is another. (Both are in The Record.) I've subscribed to the syndicated comics I liked in both the TU and Record (a couple had been yanked already in one of the many redesigns that were purportedly making the papers better but really were just stripping out content and replacing it with crap). I've also subscribed to Dear Abby and Annie's Mailbox and find the emails satisfactory. Other stuff gets missed even though I check the websites (because the reading pattern is different in print v. online) but overall, I don't miss the papers as much as I expected. I will have to buy it for a while when I need to mulch my garden though! For that, it is invaluable.

No comments: