Monday, January 05, 2004

Happy New Year! Hard to believe that number, '04. I remember looking ahead to Y2K, and it didn't seem possible that the 19s would be over and 20s would be here. Mimmie was born 100 years ago this year, at the beginning of the 20th century. I had planned -- hoped -- to get some work done on that book, during this intercession. But I have so many things pending, and it really isn't easy, getting back into routine. I have a long list of things to do, and I think I should start with reorganizing my office.

We did First Night in Albany for New Year's. I think it was the fifth time we did it? Last time was '99 turning to '00, and it wasn't that great, compared to the other times we participated. Everyone was in such a panic about the change in the year, and what it would do to the infrastructure. But this year it was good, with warmer weather than any other year when we did it, I think. We managed four events, in addition to dinner out: the Van Trapp great-grandchildren singing at the Palace theatre, the Adirondack Baroque concert at St. Mary's, an improv act, Mission Improvable, at Capital Rep, and a dance troupe, Bamboche Lakay, back at the Palace.

Today is Bob's 44th birthday. He says he wants to have it changed, to not be so close to Christmas and New Year's.

No comments: