Thursday, March 04, 2021

I am pissed that Texas and Mississippi have rolled back mask mandates. What aholes the governors
must be. I'm happy about J&J vaccine, alarmed by St. Louis & New Orleans dioceses advising against. I oppose abortion but mostly feel that battle was lost in 1972 and in a democracy toleration is important. I thought all vaccines were based to some degree on aborted material, even if the cell chains go back 50 years and the connection is remote. I guess the J&J connection is more direct? Does that matter? This is actually a serious philosophical, moral and ethical debate (but sadly the media is too stupid and agenda driven to seriously and sensitively explore it). Is outcome more important? Does science trump those concerns? Does public health and the good of society overall take precedence? I oppose animal experimentation. Were lab animals used in the development? How should I feel then? What about a hypothetical - say if the research was not based on aborted material, but derived from Nazi science or unwilling prisoners or people of color? Would it still be okay?

No comments: