Saturday, February 26, 2005

I should have been grading papers, but instead I tinkered a bit with the Gully Brook Press website. Nothing major, but after working on it for a while, I remembered why I put this off for so long (the last minor update was a year ago!). It takes forever, even just making small changes.

Some time ago I had installed a counter on most of the pages. That was a mistake, although it was fun to see where visitors came from, I always had to look up the password they assigned me, and I hated the stupid ads that were inserted. Most of the time they were banners for silly emoticons that can be put in email. If anyone clicked on those banners, I figure they probably downloaded spyware or something. Anyway, there are many better counters available now, and I stopped checking that account long ago, but kept putting off deleting the code. So tonight, I finally checked that task off my to do list. I also got started on a new virtual museum for Winter 2005, but didn't get very far with that part of the update.

No comments: