Monday, January 24, 2005

Blogger is acting funky. My archives are not appearing. I am making this post to see if creating something new helps. (I remember this is the frustration when journaling frequently, there are so many irritating bugs.)

I finished Surfacing a few days ago, a Margaret Atwood book I bought shortly before Christmas. It was her second book, written in 1972. The writing is great, as ever, a page turner, but I didn't care for the story as much as her later work that I have read (for instance the Robber Bride, Handmaid's Tale or Oryx and Crake). Could be that I didn't identify with the characters as much (too young?) or could be that she is a much better writer now. I have a book of short stories by her that I think I will tackle next.

Winter has really taken ahold!

No comments: