Thursday, July 23, 2020

I am feeling annoyed and disgusted that the university that employees me (and awarded me two graduate degrees and a teaching award) adopted a new logo for sports without consulting faculty or staff - a fierce-looking Great Dane with cropped ears. I am so pissed that they are promoting barbaric animal cruelty. The old logo had cropped ears too - but the new look is more realistic and severe and vicious - and this was an opportunity to embrace humane cultural change! Most of Europe, the AVMA, and enlightened vets in the USA do not condone the practice, and even the old fashioned, elitist AKC no longer prevents natural dogs from being registered or participating in events. Sign a petition opposing the abusive logo.

I am also pissed about the idiots in other states, and the dopes in my own, who refuse to wear masks. The big social gatherings alarm me too. Jerks. I have always known a large number of people celebrate ignorance and resent smart people. Unfortunately it is so in-my-face right now. Idiocracy = accurate.

No comments: