Thursday, November 02, 2023

In the middle of the night on Sunday when I was in Samsonville, I woke up and sneezed about 50 times. After that, my nose started running like crazy and continued until I was back home. It was sinus related; I had a headache behind my eyes and my upper teeth hurt. The left side was worse than the right. It took two days of neti rinsing to completely go away, and it flared up a little today but is gone now. It has happened twice before in recent memory while I was in Samsonville. Both times I took a COVID test (which was negative) but this time I didn't bother. It must be the weather change, coupled with ragweed or something abundant in Samsonville. The reason I am writing this is because of my father. He had allergies and always complained when he had a cold. He was always so descriptive and funny. My sinus episode reminded me that several years ago, when hurricane coverage was dominating the news, he said a bad cold he had was a category five.

No comments: