Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Three subjects today. First, on Saturday night, I had a dream that included my father. It was brief, just a glimpse. I think it happened because I was concerned that my mother would decide not to come to a family event the next day. In the dream, my father attended a gathering (not sure what it was), and she did not. (I'm relieved to report that she did attend the event the next day.)

Second, last night I watched the former president's announcement. I almost never watched him (except during COVID-19 briefings) when he was in office or during either campaign, but I was curious. I'd forgotten what a poor speaker he is, so vague, rambling and imprecise. The idiots who worship him eat it up though. It speaks to their ignorance. Seriously, the quality of our political candidates and elected officials is appalling. The media is not much better. ABC and CBS had a split screen with a pundit blabbing while the speech was going on. Why did they broadcast it at all? (NBC didn't.) They really believe viewers need a commentator to interpret? I had to watch on a local Miami station to be able to listen myself.

Third: This is shameful. I hardly know what else to write. I am embarrassed.

No comments: