Tuesday, November 29, 2022

 We recently watched a two-part Netflix documentary about the Iran hostage crisis. It was good, almost riveting, although I'm not sure anyone who doesn't remember the crisis (and possibly students of 20th Century history) would find it interesting. I've been unable to figure out why it was made now. There doesn't seem to be any book coming out or anything. The program argues that the crisis and bungled rescue attempt are the reasons Carter was not re-elected to a second term. I disagree. No question the hostage crisis was a big part of the reason, but there were many others: the stupid decision to not go to the Olympics and the horrible economy -- to name just two.

I got a bizarre Facebook note last night -- having to do with Donna, since it would have been her 61st birthday. Freaked me out.

No comments: