Friday, March 10, 2023

Earlier this week I got a survey from hospice. It wasn't about their services during the end of my father's life, but about the communication I've received since then. Apparently, after 13 months, they are "done." It is 14 months today since my father died. I struggle although I do what I have to do everyday. I filled out the survey and mailed it. I did not give them a very positive rating. Everyone raves about hospice, so maybe my expectations were too high, but I was underwhelmed, and told them it was not worth the 6 or 8K Medicare pays for the service. The letters they sent just upset me. They were generic. "Random loved one" language was offensive. There should have been electronic methods for communication, especially for the survey. Even the survey was folded in a screwed up way that would not fit in the return envelope. The volunteer who opens my response will probably cry.

No comments: