Thursday, August 19, 2021

 I am beyond upset that the governor resigned last week. His arrogance, powerful enemies and a penchant for witch hunts among the media, legislatures and public led to this outrage. I don't believe the accusation of groping, which was the only serious charge. The woman is the divorcing wife of a powerful connected political guy. Still, I was shocked that he caved, because by doing so it makes him seem guilty. With the delta covid spike, state fair looming and scary news about need for third shots, I am wondering who will get the message out? I felt safer due to his briefings and now I am unsettled.

The asshole triplets (governors of AZ, FL, TX) and their fascist anti-mask mandates for businesses and schools make me sick! Also I know an anti-vax couple who got covid - she died, he is in hospital. All I can say is that they lived and died according to their beliefs, I guess. Speaking of beliefs, I don't care what the president says, I think it is wrong for us in the west to suck up third doses when poor countries can't get any vax at all! Not only is it a question of equity, it is stupid policy -- we will never overtake this menace with so few people vaccinated word wide! All it does is breed variants.

Fall semester starts next week!

 

No comments: