Tuesday, January 05, 2021

Today I cancelled my digital subscription to the Albany Times Union and un-followed them on Facebook (I haven't gotten the paper version in years). You have to do it on the phone, and the very nice customer service person asked why? So I told her that I have no choice, it's self preservation. I can't take it any more. I'm tired of all the articles grousing about restrictions, then today the final straw was when writer Chris Churchill called the governor out for allowing the Bills to have fans at their playoff game. I told her I've already stopped following CBS-6 WRGB for all their snark on pandemic issues. She laughed and thanked me for my honesty and said she found it refreshing, that she completely understood being offended by the hypocrisy. I also told her I hope the cancellation doesn't result in me getting nonstop hot room calls hawking subscriptions to the TU, as always happened in the past, and she laughed at that too. I forgot to add (but never fear, I'll have the opportunity when I get future sales pitches), that the comments on their Facebook posts are appalling and the toxic forum they encourage is a disincentive to following the newspaper.

PS Bob's birthday. He's 61. GrubHub & Amazon movie. Life during the virus!

No comments: