Tuesday, December 22, 2020

I am offended by the politicians, celebrities and all the famous elite people jockeying to get the vaccine first to allegedly set an example for us ig'nant plebes. Yesterday I heard young, healthy members of Congress got it and I was appalled. But, I do have a comforting thought. They can be the next wave of guinea pigs for the miraculous shot. The mutation is concerning. I suppose we should be paying more attention to 1918. There is still a long way to go no matter what the truly ig'nant, elite and otherwise, may say.

Obviously I am not happy about the global pandemic, but I hope some of the changes are permanent. I think more people should Zoom rather than travel for work and personally. I think people should think more about where they live - if loved ones are hours and hours away, requiring all sorts of carbon usage to be with them, maybe reconsider taking that job or going to that college. I think more administrative staff should telecommute, rather than sitting in conference rooms and work stations in office buildings. I think education should utilize synchronous remote approaches more. I hope significant investment is made in broadband and cell to enable this. I hope we never go back to shaking hands. I hope people learn to stay home when they are sick. I have not had even a sniffle since March! I like online shopping, online food delivery, online church, and telemedicine.

 

No comments: