Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Last day of classes! I was feeling better so I managed, although I had two bad coughing spells. One in the morning in the privacy of my office made me wonder if I could make the day. Then, another, not quite as bad, when my evening class was almost over. At the end of that class, a student gave me a card and candy cane and thanked me for the class. That is the first time that has happened. Not being verbally thanked necessarily, but the careful thought of the token. I was thinking of that corny Hallmark commercial, the one when the woman comes back years later and gives her former professor a card as he is retiring and packing up his office. I've received a few gifts and thank you cards from students before, when I write them graduate school recommendations and it is a student I know especially well. But for a class? This was a first. Very gratifying!

No comments: