Thursday, March 07, 2002

Welcome to Gully Brook Press

The website of freelance writer
Gina
Giuliano



Please visit my site (by clicking the link) where you can read some of my short works, and view my virtual museum.

Thursday.
Sometime during the night when I wasn't dreaming I got the idea to add one of my first short stories to my Gully Brook Press website. Today I started to look for it (remember I am only partially organized at this point), which led to a bunch of other non-related straightening up. Finally I located it, and actually I had made an effort to file it a few months ago when I was taking on the paper mess in the room that serves as my home office. But naturally, I didn't remember that, and so I sorted through a few old boxes etc. first. Anyway, I scanned it and added a page to my website for it. Even at seven years old, it is pretty obvious that I really liked animals...more than people.

During that straightening up episode, I was looking through a filing cabinet that is near the treadmill. There it was, calling me. Even as a fold-up model, it is big and hard to ignore, especially when the other junk is cleared away. I really don't care for sports of any kind and unfortunately this spills over into exercise. I associate it with unpleasant memories from years ago of phys. ed. class in school. Having hit the big 4-0 in '01, I know I should try to get healthy. My health is generally excellent, I mean, I have no complaints, my diet isn't too bad, and I do like to walk, but I am pretty feeble otherwise, in terms of being in shape. For example, I have had to work out strategies for things like opening a jar, and there are times when I am doing nothing more strenuous than washing my hair and I do some minor injury to my neck. I should take a lesson from my dogs, they always stretch...anyway, I am tired of being so sore in the Spring after I spend a day gardening, and of course, in the 21st Century we'll all supposed to care about such things.

So, today I am going to establish a treadmilling routine. I'll pull the plug on this machine right now, and switch that one on. (My goal is only 20 minutes, three times per week, so I should be able to manage...)

No comments: